We strive to give outstanding service everyday.
We offer several services to help make your life easier and better including delivery and installation anywhere in Montgomery County.
Need mulch and don’t want to dirty your car? Our Potomac Location garden center offers delivery to anywhere in Montgomery County. Mulch, trees, shrubs, flowers – whatever you need delivered to your driveway. Delivery is driveway drop-off only.
- Delivery …………………………….. $29.00
- Delivery (2-Man) ………………… $55.00
- Free delivery on any purchase of $500 or more.
We will install any tree or shrub purchased from Good Earth. This includes delivery, soil conditioner and mulch. All trees & shrubs are guaranteed for 3 years. Deliveries and installations are from our Potomac Location only. Minimum installation fee $99.00.
- 1-2 gallon pot ……………….. $10.00
- 3-5 gallon pot ……………….. $25.00
- 7 gallon pot ………………….. $59.00
- 10-20 gallon pot ……………. $99.00
- 25 gallon (2-Man) …………. $129.00
- Larger (3-Man) …………….. $159.00
Plant Installation Checklist & Guide
Thank You for choosing Good Earth. To ensure the success of your new trees and shrubs, we ask that you review this pre-installation checklist. Should you have any questions, please contact us at 301-765-0224 x2.
This is what Good Earth will do:
- We will contact Miss Utility on your behalf to ensure all public utilities are marked on your property. We will ASK them to not mark hard pavement. If you are confident no public utilities are present in the planting area, you may elect to opt out of yard marking.
- We will provide you with one flag per plant, each flag marked with your plant’s name.
- Your plants will be kept safe and watered in a protected holding area away from retail area and delivered on day of installation.
- We will contact you in _____ weeks to set up your installation day, typically in the same week. It is not necessary for you to be home since we’ve given you the flags.
- We will remove an area 1.5-2x as wide as the root ball of the plant. We will remove sod. We will not create a bed or berm. Off site removal of soil, rock and debris may incur additional charges.
- We will plant your plants in the location you have marked. We provide a premium planting pack that includes Bumpercrop Organic Soil Builder, Espoma Bio-Tone Starter Plant Food, and Shredded Hardwood Mulch.
- We will water your plants thoroughly (so long as water is accessible).
This is what you will need to do:
- Brush, stumps and debris must be clear prior to planting day. We will not remove any existing trees or shrubs. We will remove grass.
- Have you marked your private utilities? Good Earth is not responsible for damage to private utilities if unmarked, such as invisible fence or irrigation lines.
- Place flags we provided where you want your plants installed. Installer will only move if the flag is in an area marked by miss utility. Plant placement is at homeowners discretion.
- Deep root water 2-3 times a week for the first month, whether it rains or not. After 4 weeks, taper watering to every 7-10 days to force plant to look for water. During hot, dry periods, you may need to increase frequency. Click here for wateing instructions.
- If you will be gone for extended periods of time and need help watering, contact us to inquire about our watering service.
Things to consider before we plant:
- Is the area clear of stumps, groundcover, pavement or large debris?
- Are drainage, grade, light conditions and wind exposure appropriate for planting area?
- Are there any private utilities (invisible fence, drain pipe, landscape lights, etc)? Please mark any private utilities.
- Can area be accessed with a wheelbarrow or plant carts? Is it easy to get to?
Our professional installers will only install our quality plants marked for install setup
If you notice any problem with your plant material, please call us immediately.